Grilled Flank Steak with Mission Classic Guacamole
Recommended Wine Pairing: Shark Red
Ingredients1 – 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 ripe Mission* avocados
1 clove garlic
1 medium tomato, finely diced
1/3 cup chopped green or red onions
1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Lime wedges for garnish
Directions1. Cut both avocados lengthwise; pit and peel. Then place in a medium-sized bowl, add garlic clove and mash both ingredients until blended.
2. Add the finely diced tomato, onion and cilantro and mix well.
3. Sprinkle in cumin, salt, pepper and fresh lime juice and stir to combine.
4. Refrigerate one hour. Prepare steak in meantime.
5. Season flank steak generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over both sides of steak.
6. Over medium-high heat, place steak on grill and cook for approximately 6 minutes each side (cooking time will depend on thickness of steak).
7. Once cooked to desired temperature, remove from grill and set aside to rest.
8. Slice steak lengthwise, against the grain. Serve a spoonful of guacamole on top of steak. Garnish with lime wedge.
* For more information, visit missionpro.com